Sunday, June 26, 2011

beer and longing in new england

yesterday was saturday and it was a beautiful day.  my roommate said it was going to rain but i didn't believe him and my belief made it not rain.  so we sat in the breakfast nook for a while and after lunch we went to astoria park.  i'm so excited for that pool to open next week!  we sat on the grass and looked at the river and at the beautiful people sunbathing and i played my ukulele and wrote songs.

here's one that i have been bouncing around for a few weeks - you can hear a bit of the park in the background of this one, so imagine you're sitting here and we're having a picnic while you listen :)

beer and longing in new england

we stayed up late, talking, your head on my knee
and honey you dried my tears with your poetry

i watched the grass grow, the lights go out, the sun rise on your smile
and we kept our hands and our mouths occupied with a bottle of wine

and i just want to wear you in my smile
and i just want you to be desperately inlove with me for a little while

i was a hunter, a hider, a glider into view
you were a hustler, a bustler, wanting me to be hunting you

i spread open my heart tapped out all the beats for you
i made it easy, too easy for you to sing my tune

and i just want to wash your clothes with  mine
and i just want you to wait for me on the other side of the turnstile

sometimes i want to punch you in the face, do you know what i mean?
and sometimes when i think i'll never think of you again you show up in my sexy dreams
but can you tell me, i can't get it straight in my head
did you come into my room and hold me on my tiny tiny bed
or did i dream that too?

i never had, told you, sold you out or made you see
i had to shake you, waste you, hate you for forsaking me

i can see you, read you, feel you with a single glance
and i know why you hung around me at the dance

and i just want to feel your hand in mine
and i just want you to completely lose yourself in me for a little while
and i just want to think of you sometimes
and i just want you to remember me fondly

No comments:

Post a Comment