Wednesday, March 21, 2012

natural disaster

i bought myself a toy for my birthday, and wrote a song on it.  then i played that song at rockwood music hall in new york city.  it was a lot of fun.  i'm going to write more songs on my toy.

natural disaster

any time i wanna go outside
i stop and think about getting sunburned
any time i wanna go for a ride
i stop and think about getting in a car crash
a car crash

any time i get on the subway
i'm pretty sure it's gonna derail
any time i eat at subway
i'm pretty sure i'm gonna contract mad cow disease
and then i'm gonna die from a

natural disaster 2x

any time i feel a gentle breeze
i remember that tornado in brooklyn
any time i try to suppress a sneeze
i remember someone told me that can lead to an aneurism
and that would be some shit, son

oh, oh, oh

when i want to go for a walk i know i'm gonna twist my ankle
so i sit at home with my hot chocolate and my hot self
and remember i am thankful
to have a home, from which i don't have to face a

natural disaster 2x

don't  mistake me i am not pouting
i'd like to go one day on an outing with you
to a movie or some such thing, where you'll woo me with a diamond ring

but if we go on out to the can-can
we might get stuck in the middle of a hurricane
and then you can't take me home
and nothing but the wind is gonna make moan
and nothing but the rain will be pounding me
i'll only be wet cuz i'll be swept out to sea
baby can't you see that it's a

natural disaster 2x

any time i wanna go for a swim
i remember i'm afraid of drowning
any time i wanna think about him
i remember that i promised myself i'd stop frowning

when we were breaking up
he broke my favorite tea cup 4x

natural disaster 2x

but baby that's when you came along
you sang my favorite song
kept me moving on
and we picked up the broken glass
and learned that what was brittle wasn't meant to last
so let's build a home out of straw and sticks
and then we'll know if the apocalypse hits
we can always rebuild after
we get hit by a natural disaster

natural disaster 2x

cuz you got my heart just like mccartney 4x

1 comment:

  1. This is such an AMAZING song! We love the live footage from your last performance of this. Check us out, we definitely want you as a performer for one of our shows!!!

    ReplyDelete