Wednesday, April 20, 2011

my daddy

i'm in the middle of my campaign to raise funds for my first ep and am feeling pumped about the progress!  one of the perks i'm offering for a donation is a song written for you.  i have about 17 to write at this point, which is a challenge i am excited to face! 

one of the first people to claim this perk was my father, so that's the song i'm going to share with you here.  i was out visiting him and my mother this last week, and was able to convince them to learn the song and play on it with me - i'm on my mom's wurlitzer, she is playing congas, and my dad is on bass.

my daddy

my daddy you are the one who let me see
my daddy you are the one who made me

and we don't need a phone to know we're not alone
we're sitting on a throne when everywhere is home
yeah everywhere is home

my daddy you are the man got nothing to prove
my daddy you're with the band, you've got the groove

and we don't need a phone to know we're not alone
we're stronger than our flesh and bones when love is all we know
yeah love is all we know

my daddy you are a mountain, you are the sea
my daddy you are the maker of a family

and we are not alone cuz god can hear our groans
and cries and laughter and everything after we go
 oh
and we are not alone
we are not alone
we are not alone
we are
we are

No comments:

Post a Comment